How to cure Indigestion, hyperacidity and GERD Permanently through Ayurveda
If you have ever suffered from indigestion then you must be aware about the discomfort that it causes. Learn how to cure Indigestion, hyperacidity and GERD permanently. Hyperacidity (Amlapitta in Ayurveda) which is a broad name of a disease caused by the excessive formation of acid in the stomach associated with the symptom of burning sensation in the throat and heart area
This condition appears in many diseases ranging from gastritis and peptic ulcer disease (PUD) to the currently named gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). There are many anti acid drugs available, which do relieve the discomfort but it lasts for only a few hours to at most a day.
Ever wondered if there is a cure for hyperacidity and GERD which can have long lasting effect on the condition and you can get rid of the any further complication arising out of chronic hyperacidity or GERD?
Indian Ayurvedic medication has a relief for you so you don’t need to suffer any more of the heartburn and the condition itself.
If you don’t know about Ayurveda, it is a system of medicine with historical roots in India. Globalized and modernized practices derived from Ayurveda traditions are a type of most effective and complementary or alternative medicine.
In countries beyond India, Ayurveda therapies and practices have been integrated in general wellness applications and in many cases in medical use. Before you learn Learn how to cure Indigestion, hyperacidity and GERD permanently through Ayurveda, understand the clinical descriptions mentioned in the Ayurveda
How Ayurveda defines the condition?
It is defined as the digestive secretions (pitta) that have undergone an acidic and acrid state. Gastroesophageal refers to the stomach and esophagus and reflux means to flow back or return. Therefore, gastroesophageal reflux is the return of the stomach’s contents into the esophagus.
Hyperacidity is characterized by reflux of acid juice from the stomach, vomiting, a burning pain in the chest region, and headache
to Ayurvedic medicine, hyper-acidity is caused by eating foods that are excessively sour, hot, and spicy; increasing the intake of alcohol; and eating oily, fried, or irritant foods.
Violation of rules for eating and lifestyle changes, including overeating, having an incompatible diet, eating irritant and contaminated food, eating when suffering from indigestion, increasing the intake of horse gram, living in temperate climate, and experiencing factors that increase pitta (e.g., negative emotions and control of natural urges) are causes this disease.
Remedies for Hyperacidity in Ayurveda
1.Take tender coconut (Cocus nucifera) water. A dose of 100 to 500 ml should be taken twice/day.
2. Take the powdered fruit rind of emblic myrobalan (Emblica officinalis). A dose of 3 to 6 g should be taken with 100 to 250 ml milk twice/day.
3. Mix a gruel of rice corn, raw sugar, and honey in equal quantity. A dose of 100 to 200 g should be taken twice/day.
4. Take powdered fruit rind of chebulic myrobalan (Terminalia chebula) and whole plant of thistles (Eclipta alba) in equal quantity. A dose of 3 to 6 g should be taken with 12 g of jaggery and warm water twice/day.
5. Take dried rhizome of turmeric (Curcuma longa), leaf of snakeguard (Trichosanthes dioica), and fruit rind of emblic myrobalan (Emblica offcinalis) in equal parts and make the powder. A dose of 3 to 6 g should be taken with the fresh juice of gingerand 30 drops of papaya latex twice/day.
6. Prepare a decoction from the equal parts of stem of tinospora (Tinospora cordifolia), fruit of neem, leaf of snakeguard, and triphala. A dose of 14 to 28 ml should be taken twice/day.
7. Prepare a decoction of equal parts of dried ginger, fruit of coriander, and leaf of snakeguard. A dose of 14 to 28 ml should be taken twice/day.
8. Prepare a decoction of equal parts of leaves of snakeguard and vasaka, dried ginger,stem of tinospora, and rhizome of katuki (Picrorhiza curroa). A dose of 14 to 28 mlshould be taken with 4 to 6 g honey twice/day.
9. Prepare Mahasurdarshan Churna, containing triphala (Emblica officinalis, Terminalia belerica, Terminalia chebula), guduci (Tinospora cordifolia), katuka (Picrorrhiza kurroa), fumaria (Fumaria officinalis), lime juice, etc. A dose of 1/2 tsp three times/day after meals is recommended.
10. Prepare Avipattikara Churna, containing ginger, black pepper, triphala, nut grass (Cyperus rotundus), embelia fruits (Embelia ribes), cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum), clove (Syzygium aromaticum), cinnamon (Cinnamomum cassia), and sugar. This is the medicine of choice in treating hyperacidity. A dose of 1 tsp before meals three times/day with lemon juice is recommended.
11.Use aloe vera (Aloe littoralis). Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh gel from the plant and take three times/day.
12. Drink coriander (Coriandrum sativum) and cumin (Cuminum cyminum) tea.
13. Take 1 tsp of psyllium (Plantago ovata) 1 h after meals with 8 oz of warm water.
14. Prepare a milk decoction of 1 tsp emblica myrobalan (Emblica officinalis), 1 tsp raw sugar, 1 cup of milk, and 1 cup of water. Boil to 1 cup. Drink as a tea with meals or anytime three times/day.
15. Prepare a decoction of fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum), honey, 1/2 tsp of powder with 1/2 tsp of turmeric on an empty stomach with warm water or warm milk.
16. Prepare a licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) ghee. Make the decoction with 1 tsp of licorice in 2 cups of water. Boil to 1 cup. Add 1 cup ghee and 1 cup water. Boil off water. Take 1/2 tsp three times/day on an empty stomach with hot water. This ghee can be used in cooking.
A disciplined approach, exercise and the Ayurvedic remedies mentioned below will help cure Indigestion, hyper-acidity and Gerd Permanently
I know what you are thinking. This list may sound extremely daunting to you but trust me they are not. These are all readily available household consumables. You can start small by trying at least three remedies at a time and gradually move to more as you see improvements.
There are two things which are important here. First one is consistency and the second one is to stick to exact quantities mentioned.
Now you know How to cure Indigestion, hyperacidity and GERD permanently through ancient knowledge of Ayurveda. I am sure that if you stick to a discipline and focused approach you will see improvements sooner than you would expect.
Best of all you never have to worry about any side effects while using herbal remedies from Ayurveda.
Also please do not forget to share your experience of the remedy and your feedback with the rest of the world by commenting here
Also Read: History of India