Indian fish dishes are extremely uniquely cooked and prepared in the spicy aroma. It’s a south Indian curry recipe very simple to make.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Prep Time: 25 minutes
Serving Sizes: 5
List of Ingredients for Indian Shrimp Curry:
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. ginger and garlic paste
- 10 curry leaves chopped
- 1 tsp. coriander
- Salt to the taste
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 tsp. red chili powder
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- A small bunch of cilantro finely chopped
Cooking instructions for Indian Shrimp Curry
- Heat up a pan with the oil over medium-high heat, add onions, stir and cook for 3-4
- Add garlic and ginger paste, curry leaves, salt, and coriander stir and cook 1 more minute.
- Add turmeric, chili powder, tomato, water and shrimp, stir, reduce heat to medium and cook
- for 8 minutes.
- Add garam masala, stir, transfer to plates and sprinkle chopped cilantro on top.